The International Coach Federation defines professional coaching as “an ongoing professional relationship that helps people produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers, business or organizations. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.”
The Personal and Professional Coaches Association defines coaching as “an ongoing relationship which focuses on clients taking action toward the realization of their vision, goals or desires. Coaching uses a process of inquiry and personal discovery to build the client’s level of awareness and responsibility, and provides the client with structure, support, and feedback.”
What Prevents You From Achieving Your Goals?
Fear of change can prevent you from even attempting to take the steps necessary to embrace the essence your authentic self. Losing your focus, purpose, commitment, and spirit keeps you ‘safe’ from frightening changes. Effective coaching helps you to recognize what is preventing you from being more successful.
Can You Answer these Questions?
- Do you know what your strengths and weaknesses are?
- Are you aware of your enculturation learned from society?
- How disciplined are you?
- Do you wake up each morning and look forward to each new day?
- Do you rehearse your doubts and fears at night prior to falling asleep?
- Are you willing to take calculated risks?
- How fulfilled are you in your life?
- Will you be where you want to be in six months?
- Are your regrets restricting your happiness?
- Do you fear success or failure?
- Do you understand what your core values and beliefs are?
Our Coaching Process
The most important initial purpose of our coaching process is to develop a quality and equitable partnership. This partnership, like any relationship, develops over time. The next significant responsibility is to identify and prioritize your primary and secondary goals and objectives.
Another element in our coaching is the creation of easy steps that are reasonable, yet offer the challenge of moving forward. As our coaching continues, methods of measuring progress are established. Throughout the coaching, I provide honest, compassionate, direct, and clear support.
I encourage an honest and open discussion about issues that are preventing you from living the life that you desire. When we look at your life with new perspectives, you begin to experience your life differently. In fact, you can sense the difference and this is how you know when you are on your path(s).
I can do many things for you in our coaching. The following include what I will NOT do for you:
- Counsel you in any way. I am not your therapist.
- Do for you what you can do for yourself. This robs you of your own independence.
- Give you medical, financial, or legal advice.
- Tell you what you want to hear when clearly this is not the truth.
- Continue to coach you when it is no longer needed or effective.
Our Coaching Partnership
Together, we will create a genuine and equal partnership beginning with our first coaching session. As your coach, I am dedicated to supporting you in many ways including always being or doing the following:
- Unconditionally compassionate.
- Listen carefully to what you are saying and what you are not saying.
- Become a valuable resource for you.
- Be available when you need support.
- Tell you honestly, what I really think.
- Ask you to do meaningful homework.
- Genuinely care about you and your loved ones.
- Be a quality friend.
- Create significant and positive contributions.
- Consistent in your support and yet, unpredictable at times to encourage your changes.
- Agree that you and I commit to doing our best and even better.
- Validate and celebrate our coaching victories.
- Create a safe and playful environment.
- Request that you share your newly discovered gifts with your community.
- Help you embrace and transcend your old patterns.
- Celebrate your personal successes.
- Hold you accountable to follow through on agree upon tasks.
Coaching Categories That I Provide
In collaboration, I coach you on how to achieve many goals including the following:
- Improve how you manage your time.
- Simplify your goals and objectives.
- Improve your self-esteem.
- Improve your communication and relationship skills.
- Increase your self-confidence.
- Achieve your goals faster.
- Remain with you while you practice your new skills.
- Find how you can balance your career and lifestyle.
- Find the areas that are meaningful to you and follow them.
- Show you how to make better decisions.
- Eliminate your procrastinating.
- Stretch your familiar boundaries.
- Better interpersonal skills.
- Increase the ways that you generate your income.
- Inspire your flexibility.
- Remind you to be appreciative for everything that you do have.
- Help you to be responsible for your life.
- Set measurable and tangible goals.
- Recall the special dreams that you have abandoned.
- Create positive results from difficult situations.
- Reduce your stress.
- Develop new perspectives.
- Simplify your life.
- Complete your unfinished life projects.
- Establish boundaries without walls.
- Stimulate your desire to do more than you would alone.
- How to overcome external and internal obstacles.
- Reduce your resistance to change.
- Become financially wise.
- Define your priorities, set appropriate goals and take action.
- Find better opportunities.
- Make a positive difference in the world.
- Establish an effective support system.
Together we will focus on the transitions in your life and help you be successful in diverse ways including the following:
- Finding your courage and balance.
- Seeing the ‘bigger picture’ and how you fit in.
- Support you with an action plan during your relationship change, divorce, separation, illness, move, career transitions, etc.
As a Vietnam Veteran, I am committed to providing you with a variety of coaching including the following:
- Applying what you learned in the military.
- Working with a coach who experienced war.
- Learning how to focus on the future.
- Recognizing the influences of serving in a war zone.
We explore the steps necessary for the following:
- Finding a healthy, equal, and balanced relationship.
- Improve your current and future relationships.
- Understand the dynamics of previous relationships.
My coaching for individuals and couples considering retirement includes the following:
- Finding meaning, purpose, and fulfillment after your career.
- Set realistic goals for making retirement decisions.
- Evaluate your retirement options.
With my background as a publisher, editor, and writer, I can coach you to publishing success including the following areas:
- Writer’s block.
- Finding your specialty.
- First-time writing, one-time writing, and experienced writing.
Stephen you have accomplished so much in your life and are so very unselfish sharing what you have learned your a true saint.