This quote is from my new eBook available for purchase by May 2017, to begin the New Year with empowerment compassion and passion. Click on image to view larger.
It is one of my numerous diverse quotes combined with my original Fine Art Photography.
These quotes are created to provide intelligent, informative, entertaining and thought-provoking perspectives to improve your life. A wonderful resource to use as a guide for reflection and inspiration.
My quotes include (but are not limited to) personal development, lifestyle, psychology, physics, spirituality, photography, literature, health, culture, technology, writing, science, politics, humor, nature and wildlife.
You have my permission to share this post exactly as it is presented with the content and image.
Here is a list of a few concepts from a new book about personal growth and spiritual process that I will be publishing soon that covers some of what I teach in workshops and share with my Life Coaching clients. During the next few months, I will post information about each of these concepts. As the book nears publication, I will post the information here and on my social media pages.
• The seven elements of essence
• Respond rather than react
• Influence rather than control
• Unconditional compassion rather than unconditional love
• We use 90% of our brain to keep us believing we only use 10%
• Embrace rather than comprehend
• Service rather than self-serve
• Understanding rather than judgment
• Embracing our essence rather than following our enculturation
• Lifestyle versus career
• Friendship rather than isolation
• Natural rather than normal
• Power rather than force
• Curiosity rather than fear
• Depth rather than shallow
• Understanding core beliefs rather than simply patterns
• Change rather than resistance
• Listening rather than talking
• Flexibility rather than rigidity
• Imagination rather than willpower
• Open-minded rather than dogma
• Living rather than dying
• Performance rather than trauma/drama
• Embracing rather than surrendering
• Optimism rather than pessimism
• Reverence for life rather than irreverence
• Responsibility rather than avoidance
• Essence rather than personality
• Support rather than dominance
• Planning rather than worry
• Creativity rather than stagnation
• Transcend rather than circumvent
Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~Thomas Merton
We have been enculturated to establish two separate personalities. There is the ‘work you’ and the ‘not at work you’ who is everywhere else. I believe that it is wiser to become who we are, our authentic natural self wherever we are. We derive a great deal of meaningful, fulfilling pleasure and success by being more natural and integrated.
Here is a list for you to practice at both work and other areas of your life for a more balanced lifestyle.
- Avoid perfectionism.
- Set and enforce boundaries guilt-free boundaries. Learn to say “no.”
- Avoid over-commitment.
- Define your situation.
- Embrace rather than react.
- Create a schedule.
- Find your own balance.
- Have a back-up care plan.
- Develop a strong support system.
- Plan and prioritize.
- Influence rather than control.
- Encourage a wider perspective.
- Respect your private time.
- Stay closer with nature.
- Outsource wherever you can.
- Develop flexible schedules.
- Devise creative ways to sleep, rest, eat and exercise.
- Have a social life.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Set manageable goals each day.
- Get personal and professional support.
- Treat your body the best way that you can.
- Do not obsess.
- Learn what you can control and what you cannot.
- Love, care and nurture your mind, body and spirit.
- Recharge your emotional and physical batteries frequently.
- Use technology.
- Avoid interruptions.